Complete Information on Construction Labour in Karratha
Construction labour in Karratha are made up of tradespeople with experience in construction, demolition, maintenance and various other industries. They are reliable and highly-trained workers who can perform assigned tasks competently and legally.
Construction Workers May Perform the Following Tasks:
- Unload, carry and stack building materials and place tools and equipment in position
- Dig trenches using hand tools or jackhammers to break up rock and concrete, so that footings and services can be laid
- Place and compact filling and quarry materials
- Help to erect and dismantle scaffolding (subject to certification in some states and territories), ramps, catwalks, barricades and warning lights
- Mix, pour and spread concrete under supervision
- Use wheelbarrows to remove rubble and rubbish from building sites
- Dismantle small structures and strip materials in preparation for new construction
- Operate construction machinery (such as excavators), subject to any licensing and accreditation requirements
- Clean surfaces for painters.
Experienced construction workers may obtain high-risk work licences or ‘tickets’ to undertake a number of specialised roles, such as concrete workers, doggers, riggers, scaffolders or steel fixers.
A civil construction supervisor monitors ongoing construction to ensure that the work is being done correctly and the project stays on schedule. The job focuses on civil construction projects such as bridges, highways and airports.
A civil construction supervisor must be familiar with the construction and material specifications for the infrastructure in the local area. Civil projects are conducted on a larger scale and pose a greater hazard to employees, the public and the environment than a typical private construction job. This often requires knowledge and experience specific to civil engineering.
Formal Civil Supervision And Management Qualifications Are Valued In Many Sections Of The Industry Including:
- Drainage, Water and Sewerage
- Power Stations
- Gas and Mining
Benefits Of Working With Civil Contracting Companies in Karratha, Pilbara Region are:
- They have an experienced workforce, coupled with the strong partnership network with the local people, this enabling them to deliver efficient contract management services that create strong bonds with the local community.
- They have their own mining fleet, operators and supervisors that can be quickly deployed to projects and help meet capacity targets.
- Are able to seamlessly integrate into existing projects and operate to the highest of standards to help clients deliver a quality result.
- In addition to mining capability, they also have expertise in the rehabilitation of disturbed or degraded lands, mined sites and infrastructure projects. An essential aspect of rehabilitation monitoring is being able to identify poor-performing areas, offer strategies for remedial action, and provide recommendations to create self-sustaining ecosystems.
- Flexible, which means they can be both responsive and competitive, and offer a unique combination of local knowledge, local skills and on the ground experience.
- Community Relations services is the cornerstone of their unique approach to business by supporting local communities through consultation with Traditional Owners and community development programs, furthering education and addressing health issues for Indigenous Australians.
- Have established good working relationships with Indigenous groups throughout the Pilbara, hold a thorough understanding of Native Title, and established links with local, state and federal government agencies.